Decorating Your Living Room On A Budget
Are you newlyweds decorating your first home or you are redecorating your living room after years of marriage? Either way, there are great ways you can achieve a wonderful look, and you won't even have to spend a lot of money.
The Furniture - Think outside the box! Look for great sales in furniture stores, but also check out thrift stores, garage sales, and antique shops. You might even be lucky enough to find something special in your parent's attic.
- Begin with the basic sofa and go from there. Naturally, space is a consideration. A small coffee table in front of the sofa will give you a place to place favorite framed pictures and other home decor. If your living room is small, consider choosing two wooden chairs for each side of the coffee table. Add darling seat cushions for comfort.
- If you have a large living room, consider seating options. The central sofa is still a good place to start, but with more space you have the luxury of adding two chairs on each side of the sofa. Consider selecting different styles, just for a more unique look. Place a small table between the chairs, not only for decorations, but so people will have a place to set a beverage. In other areas of the room, have small groupings of chairs and tables. This will definitely invite great intimate conversations.
- Whether you have a large room or a small one, pretty cheap side tables will definitely add beauty to your room. Whether you place the table behind your sofa or against a wall with a chair on either side, add a lamp or two, a floral arrangement or other lovely home decor.
The Extra Touches - What are your favorite things?
- When you select art for your walls, consider the things you love. If you love nature, consider placing framed prints or paintings of the beach and other outdoor scenes. A large one over the side table will add drama to the room. If your passion is traveling, frame photos from different cities you have visited. Place smaller photographs on side tables and a huge one over your side table.
- When you entertain, use your side table for trays of cheeses and fruits or other appetizers, and decorate them with the theme of your party. For example, a small pinata in the center of the table would be adorable if you're hosting a Mexican fiesta.
- Consider bringing the outdoors to your living room by setting an indoor water fountain, pretty decorative bird houses, and floral arrangements on your occasional tables.
Congratulations on creating a beautiful living room.